We are glad to have you back with us. This time, we are looking into Applaws Cat Foods! Let us hope to find another potential cat food alternative for your furry friends.
- 1 About Applaws Cat Food
- 2 Is Applaws cat food good for cats?
- 3 Is Applaws a good brand?
- 4 Ingredients used in all kinds of Applaws cat food:
- 5 Do vets recommend Applaws Cat Food?
- 6 Has Applaws cat food ever been recalled?
- 7 Top Products by Applaws.
- 8 What do consumers think of Applaws cat food?
- 9 How much does Applaws Cat Food cost?
- 10 FAQs
- 11 Conclusion
About Applaws Cat Food
Applaws is primarily a UK-based pet food company that came into existence around 2006. Just like all others in the market, this company began with the aim of providing quality pet foods to make your pets’ lives better. The brand has gained a good reputation over the years. Initially, its reach was limited to the UK but credited to its positive response, the brand went global. It has been the talk of the town across Western Europe, the UK, North America, and Australia. Now, its products can be availed throughout the world.
Is Applaws cat food good for cats?
Applaws cat food is mainly proportioned to provide a decent amount of animal-based protein. It has been able to distribute its macro nutritional content appropriately.
Surprisingly, Applaws cat food is made from very few and mostly natural ingredients. For instance, it takes as little as three main ingredients to make Applaws wet cat food. The finest breast meat/fish fillets are used to ensure that your cat is getting its protein requirement met tastefully.
Each ingredient that is incorporated, has some other health benefits. There are some unusual ingredients like seaweed, goji berry, or coconut oil that add to your cat’s general health and wellbeing. Besides, they also focus on some mainstream elements and provide a great deal of those too. Vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids like Taurine and Arginine, omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids.
Not all proteins can benefit cats equally.
Since cats are obligate carnivores, it is essential to meet their protein requirements via animal sources. The particular reason for this circumstance is that their bodies cannot easily digest plant-based protein. They make use of human-grade meat products- tuna, mackerel, sardine, salmon, beef steak or chicken, all of it is graded safe for humans. No flavouring, no derivatives, just pure meat.
Applaws does seem to be a good cat food option.
Is Applaws a good brand?
Applaws follow its philosophy dearly. The people here believe that pet food matters. With that said, reliability begins with the best-grade ingredients. Nothing artificial, no colourants, and no flavours.
The brand promises a few things, along with quality…
- Promises never to use inexpensive and unnecessary condiments to fill.
- Promises to use only human-grade breast meat or fish fillets.
- Promises to use as much protein a cat needs.
- Promises to list all the ingredients that have been used.
Ingredients used in all kinds of Applaws cat food:
- Alfalfa extracts (sun-cured) – are a source of insoluble fibre that aids in digestion and improved bowel movements.
- Bioflavonoids – these are antioxidants that help to prevent cellular ageing and improve activity levels.
- Brewer’s yeast extract – a source of Vit Bs. These vitamins are required for the metabolism of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates. B complex is also essential for healthy skin, coat, mouth, liver, and muscle tone.
- Carob – it is a natural bean pod that is rich in calcium. It is initially dried in the sun and then added to the food. It helps to keep the teeth healthy.
- Carrots – are one of the best sources of beta carotene. It is important for good eyesight and healthy vision. Also provides dietary fibre, antioxidants, and minerals.
- Fresh and Dried Chicken – chicken’s soft internal tissues are used to provide the majority of the protein and amino acids. Water and fat are removed before adding it. No feathers, beaks or feet are used.
- Chicory extracts – a proven prebiotic that helps with digestion. It acts as a beneficial bacteria that is present in the intestinal tract.
- Coconut oil – helps in the anti-ageing process by keeping your cat mentally and physically active.
- Dandelion extracts – contains Luteolin which works similar to an antioxidant.
- DHA – building blocks of the brain.
- EPA – helps with brain and nerve stimulation
- Fennel extract – reduces flatulence and bloating. Also, help in improving eyesight.
- Fish Fillet – anchovy, mackerel, ocean fish, tuna, salmon, sardines, sea bream. Source of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids as well as DHA and EPA.
- Mussels – a source of Vit B12, Selenium, Zinc, Vit C, and Omega 3.
- Oregano extract – antioxidants due to a high content of flavonoids and phenolic acids.
- Paprika extracts – are rich in Vit C and antioxidants.
- Peas – a source of iron, Vit A and K, potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium.
- Poultry Gravy – to make the food more palatable and delicious.
- Rosehip extracts – Vit C, D, and E. Also contain antioxidant flavonoids.
- Salmon oil – Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids.
- Thyme – is a natural prebiotic that helps with digestion.
- Yucca extract – a natural prebiotic that reduces the smell of your pet’s stools.
Do vets recommend Applaws Cat Food?
From a nutritional point of view, Applaws cat food is pretty healthy and surpasses all the requirements. It is made using a limited number of only natural ingredients. The food has been fortified with a lot of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants all sourced from natural sources.
Has Applaws cat food ever been recalled?
Until recently, Applaws was credited with being a recall-free pet food brand. However, in June 2021, there was a voluntary recall of the batch manufactured by Fold Hill. it was potentially linked to a bone marrow issue called pancytopenia. Although, there has not been any evidence yet. The situation is still under investigation.
Top Products by Applaws.
1. Applaws Natural Wet Cat Food Broth Pots
This falls under the wet food category and is a complete meal for adult cats. This comes in packs of 12/24, each weighing 2.47 ounces
- Tune Fillet/ Crab
- Chicken breast
- Fish broth
- Hydrating broth
- Natural ingredients
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Natural source of Omega 3
- Note – you can avail many more combinations like:
- Catfish with pollock in broth
- Tuna with pacific prawns in broth
- Chicken with asparagus in broth
- Tuna with the whole anchovy
- Tuna with sea bream
2. Applaws Mousse Wet Cat Food – Chicken With Carrot Recipe
Applaws Mousse Wet Cat Food has been textured like a mousse, as suggested by the name. It is flavoured using human-grade chicken and freshly sourced carrots.
- Chicken broth
- Limited ingredients recipe
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Made with natural ingredients.
What do consumers think of Applaws cat food?
So far, consumers have had a good-to-excellent experience with their cats having Applaws cat food. Many reviews highlight that the food is extensively made free of any possible allergens and has been easy on their cat’s gut.
Some positive reviews…
“Applaws is the best cat food for any cat with allergies or sensitivities.”
“Every ingredient that you can find in the food has been listed truthfully.”
“I heard about Applaws dry food being good, but my cats seem to devour the wet food as well, especially the bits and chunks in broth.”
“My cat loves the fish fillet options.”
“My vet recommended this brand saying that it was of very good quality and would prevent my cat from being overweight.”
Most of the reviews were not inherently positive in relation to the pricing of Applaws cat food and others to their cat’s individual preferences.
Also Read – Farmina Cat Food Review
How much does Applaws Cat Food cost?
Applaws cat food is one the higher end of pricing. In comparison to other brands that offer similar food options like Encore, Applaws is not budget-friendly. Applaws wet cat food with fish costs about Rs214.29/100g! That’s a lot more than a lot of other brands. You may even land up other fish options for around Rs192/100g. The rough idea is that it will cost you between Rs190 and Rs215 for wet food pouches that come in a pack of 12. Cat tins by Applaws are much more affordable in comparison to wet food pouches. They cost about Rs60/tin.
Is Applaws wet food safe for cats?
Applaws wet cat food is 100% safe for consumption. It has been formulated using the minimum number of ingredients that are mainly the source of animal-based protein. Besides, no artificial food flavouring or colouring agents are added.
How much should I feed my cat Applaws?
During old times, there were not many calculations involved while feedings pets. It was more of an intuitive and observational approach. However, as people became more aware of their pet’s health, certain factors came into play regarding how much to feed your cat. The factors are:
- Neutered or not
- Activity level
If you are knowledgeable enough to be able to estimate food proportions as per these factors, just follow the instructions written on the packet. If you still have doubts, you can always consult a vet.
Is Applaws cat food low in phosphorus?
Applaws cat food provides just enough minerals that a cat requires. Any excess minerals lead to unbalanced pH of the urine. Therefore, it is crucial to restrict the mineral intake.
Applaws seem to be the only brand that has limited ingredients recipes, using as much as just 3 ingredients! They are 100% free of preservatives, food colouring agents, or any unnecessary artificial additives. The meat used to provide protein is safe and per human grade. Overall, Applaws cat food is of very fine quality and flavour for the cats. The only drawback here is the price. If you are able enough to afford the brand, you need not think twice. If you find it a little tough to continue with this pricing, you may choose to mix Applaws cat food with some other pocket-friendly brand. Just be careful enough to not overfeed.