Himalaya Dog Food Review
This time, we have come up with an unbiased review of Himalaya Dog Food. You must have heard about this brand when it comes to other health products for humans, skincare products, organic medicines, etc. Surprisingly, it also manufactures wholesome and nutritious food for your pooches! Read ahead to know more.
The brand was founded in 1930 and has been producing herbal goods for the public ever since. Including pets, the brand has been devoted to all its customers. With such a lengthy history of operation, this brand has risen in importance and trust. Today, as an international organisation, its goal is to combine science and herbs to create a fantastic product. They are currently competing in the global market and are widely accepted. Himalaya has been able to create a variety of unique dog food items as a result of extensive study. This will undoubtedly meet your pet’s requirements. Even if the herbs aren’t always enough to give proper nutrition, they nevertheless make a big difference in your pet’s general health. This company has been working hard to establish its reputation in the pet food industry.
Himalaya Herbal Medicines
Herbal medicine, made exclusively from plants, has a long history in almost every culture around the world, from the Europeans to China, India and the Australian Aboriginal communities. Many modern conventional medicines have their roots in herbs, either derived from a part of the herb or synthesised to imitate the herb’s active ingredient.
As the brand promises a better lifestyle for the people and their pets – eating whole foods, minimising their exposure to toxins and making them exercise regularly is very vital. This is why in situations of allergies and other medical issues, the brand chose to explore herbs and herbal medicines. Herbal medicine is gaining momentum, thanks to scientific investigation and clinical studies that prove its efficacy.
Is Himalaya Dog Food Food?
When it comes to pet foods, the brand has done some amazing things with its products. It contains a significant number of herbal components. Increasing the nutritional value of any food product by adding herbs is obviously a wonderful idea. Other than that, the whole R&D and manufacturing process is supervised. The ultimate food output is made to surpass and abide by all safety norms and regulations.
- Extensive scientific research into safety and animal nutrition backs the food up.
- The brand uses a cutting-edge research and development facility.
- It has Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and ISO 2001:2008 certifications.
- More than 200 physicians and scientists are employed to ensure species appropriateness.
- Herbal compounds are tested using the latest technology to ensure accuracy, potency, and safety.
- There are around 250 herbs in use currently, with many more in clinical trials.
- Ingredients are gathered in an environmentally friendly manner.
Evidently, Himalaya seems to be a good brand.
Ingredients in Himalaya Dog Food
Besides some common ingredients that you will find in almost all dog food recipes, Himalaya used a lot of organic herbs in the food formulas.
One essential ingredient that sets Himalaya Dog Food apart is Giloy. Giloy for increasing immunity, Popala for good kidney function, and Ailanthus Excelsa for enhancing metabolism in pets are some of the other significant substances found in this company’s products.
How to Use Himalaya Dog Food?
In general, if you are switching to a new dog food brand, it is best to make the switch over the course of a week. The number of times you should feed your pooch should depend on the activity level. Feed your dog at least twice a day if they are very active. For those who are less active, one feed may be adequate.
Consider looking over a thorough feeding manual for the proper meal proportions before you begin any feeding. Their food is supposed to be a full source of nourishment, with each ingredient enhanced with the highest quality biological and herbal elements to meet the demands of every pet.
However, please keep in mind that if your dog has some underlying medical condition or food allergies, the diet should be set accordingly. Always consult with a vet first.
Do Vets Recommend Himalaya Dog Food?
Himalaya’s experts understand how adult dogs deal with difficult situations. Inadequate urinary functions, poor digestion, and a variety of other issues are among them. Dog foods are specially created keeping such issues in mind. Other than that, the team that makes the recipes also consist of animal nutritionists and veterinarians. Therefore, Himalaya dog food can never be problematic.
Has Himalaya Dog Food Been Recalled?
There haven’t been any known food recalls from Himalaya dog food.
Top Himalaya Dog Foods
Himalaya offers mainly two kinds of dog foods, one for puppies and one for adults.
1. Himalaya Healthy Pet Food For Puppy, Chicken And Rice
Himalaya Healthy Pet Food For Puppy, Chicken And Rice is a portion of full and balanced pet food that contains over 20 nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
- Cereal and cereal products, rice, chicken and chicken products, poultry, fat, meat, and meat products, vegetable oils, taste enhancers, calcium phosphate, maize gluten meal, carrot powder, oats, sodium chloride, choline chloride, papaya, L-threonine, vitamins, potassium chloride, permitted antioxidants, minerals, zinc sulphate, black pepper, permitted preservatives.
- Crude Protein % (Min.) – 24%
- Crude Fat % (Min.) – 10%
- Crude Fiber % (Max.) – 5%
- Good for digestive health.
- Strong teeth and bones.
- Supports growth.
What we did not like:
- It contains chicken by-products.
- There are flavour enhancers.
- There are artificial food preservatives.
- There is too much corn (maize) gluten meal as a filler.
Also Read – Best Dog Treats in India
2. Himalaya Healthy Pet Food For Adult Dogs, Meat And Rice
Himalaya Healthy Pet Food, Meat And Rice is complete and balanced. Adult Healthy PET Diet is a full and balanced food that contains over 20 nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
- Cereal and cereal products, rice, meat and meat products, poultry, fat, meat, and meat products, vegetable oils, taste enhancers, calcium phosphate, maize gluten meal, carrot powder, oats, sodium chloride, choline chloride, papaya, L-threonine, vitamins, potassium chloride, permitted antioxidants, minerals, zinc sulphate, black pepper, permitted preservatives.
- Crude Protein % (Min.) – 20%
- Crude Fat % (Min.) – 10%
- Crude Fiber % (Max.) – 5%
- Supports kidney health.
- Shiny and healthy coat.
- Keeps the dog active.
What we did not like?
- It contains gluten.
- Food flavouring agents.
- Artificial preservatives.
What do customers think of Himalaya Dog Food?
Dog food has been consciously created and thoroughly tested. Thus, it is completely safe to use. The consumer response shows that Himalaya is a well-known and respected brand in India, known for developing and marketing plant-based, herbal-based, and natural products with no side effects.
Some positive reviews…
“After huge searching, I found this product. It is a nice product under a good Brand Name, My dog relish had it. Recommended for purchasing this product.”
“Small and perfectly tasty chicken rice dry kibbles for my 5-year-old lab. I have ordered 10kg and 3kg packs so far, and I am extremely happy with the quality of the product.”
“Value for money. My Lab loved eating it and had no side effects after eating it. From day one my pet started eating it and enjoyed it a lot. Better than other costlier ones.”
How Much Does Himalaya Dog Food Cost?
Himalaya dog food costs very menially. The puppy dog food costs about Rs260/kg. Whereas adult dog food costs about Rs283/kg. Clearly, it is nothing compared to the quality it offers.
After reviewing Himalaya Dog Food, we could make one thing out with certainty,
It promises to do the following:
- Strengthen the bones
- Contains essential ingredients for healthy skin
- Has an equal protein-to-energy ratio
- Is easy to digest
- Doesn’t contain any artificial colours.
- It’s also cost-effective.
- It doesn’t contain any fillers.
- Ingredients are organic.
However, there are some corn-based gluten fillers that were found in dog food. Furthermore, this was present in unspecified amounts. Other than fillers, the food contains some flavouring agents and artificial preservatives. There have not been any instances of dogs having adverse reactions to consumption, but even then such ingredients are considered unhealthy and it is better to keep a check. Otherwise, given the price, Himalaya Dog Food is a very good option.